Welcome- we've been expecting you!
Shepherd Park Christian Church- The Church with the Heart of the Shepherd. We are the Christian Church- Disciples of Christ, a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. As part of the one body of Christ we welcome all to the Lord’s Table as God has welcomed us. We are governed by our congregation leaders, organized to promote the work of the Church and to advance God's Kingdom. We’re not perfect: we are family, a community of flawed, ordinary real people. We understand your life problems and there is an unconditional welcome waiting for you. Please come and share the journey with us; follow us as we follow Christ.
When We MeetPlease join us weekly:
- Sunday School: We will have our new Sunday School format- offering classes at both 10am in Sunday School Room 1, across from the Sanctuary, and during our Coffee hour fellowship. Sunday School morning or afternoon is open to both Adults and Youth. Please feel free to invite a neighbor or co-worker to join us for one of the 45-60 minute sessions. For additional information contact Rev. Terri McLellan
- Worship Service: Sunday, 11:00 AM
- Church School: ages 5- 18 - during Worship
Children 12 and under are meeting in the Sunday School room directly across from the sanctuary. Our tweens and teens are meeting in the library.
- Coffee Hour- immediately following Worship,
in lower Fellowship Hall
- Bible Study: TBA
View General Assembly - related bible studies
- Prayer Call: Friday @ 6:30 PM
via free conference call: 1-712-775-7000 code 933588#
See Rev. Lois Artis for details.
- New Members Class:
(TBD by Membership chair)
Location- Sunday School Room 1
What's NewPlease be advised that the content that appears below is through access to syndicated media feeds. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Shepherd Park Christian Church. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Home started at General Assembly completed for local family October 19, 2017At the 2017 General Assembly in Indianapolis, IN, Disciples served in many ways. One of those mission projects was constructing panels for a Habitat for Humanity home. After the Assembly, these panels were transported to the Indiana State Fairgrounds, where more volunteers completed the project. Just recently, the full structure was moved to the foundation […]
- Ways Pastors Damage Their Reputation on Social Media October 19, 2017By Victor Ochieng Social media has been around for some time now. While some people... The post Ways Pastors Damage Their Reputation on Social Media appeared first on Christian Blog.
- Target Sees New Smaller Manhattan Store as Symbol of Where It’s Headed October 19, 2017Target sees its new smaller store in Manhattan as a symbol of where it’s headed... The post Target Sees New Smaller Manhattan Store as Symbol of Where It’s Headed appeared first on Urban Christian News.
- Navigating Between Postmodernism and Scientism: Christianity Avoids 2 Worldview Hazards October 19, 2017Postmodernism is a snake eating its own tail. It is self-contradictory. It invokes ideas such as justice, fairness, and tolerance while at the same time denying that there are any universal values, largely because there is no way to discern those values.
- MercyMe, Zach Williams Win Big at Dove Awards October 19, 2017The Gospel Music Association (GMA) handed out honors in 39 categories at the 48th Annual GMA Dove Awards plus special industry recognitions at Lipscomb University's Allen Arena in Nashville. Kari Jobe and Tasha Cobb Leonard hosted the sold-out show and Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) will exclusively air the awards show on October 22 at 8 […]