Welcome- we've been expecting you!
SPCC Elects New Senior Pastor
Rev. Terri McLellan was elected Sunday, November 12 to serve as the pastor of Shepherd Park Christian Church (SPCC). She is the second African-American to hold this post and the first woman to lead the congregation in its 118 year history.
Rev. Terri is an ordained minister with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Capital Area Region. She served as an elder and the chairperson of the Christian Education Department at SPCC. Her areas of oversight include Youth and Adult Sunday School, Small Group/ Discipleship classes, Vacation Bible School, Church School, Leadership Development, and Disciples Camp & Conference Activities, as well the spiritual and faith-formation for the SPCC church family.
Rev. Terri’s passion is in the area of Organizational Transformation and Leadership Development. Her theological training includes a certificate of Biblical Studies from Calvary Bible Institute @ Greater Mount Calvary in Washington, DC; and a Master of Divinity in Practical Theology from Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA.
Rev. McLellan’s call to the Shepherd Park family follows the 17-year tenure of Rev. Marcus Leathers, who was the first African-American to lead the SPCC congregation upon his election in 1999.
Message for Dec 17, 2017, 3rd Sunday of Advent
Title: Come for Worship
Text: Matthew 2: 1-12
When We MeetPlease join us weekly:
- Sunday School: Sunday School, offered at 10am in Sunday School Room 1 across from the Sanctuary, is open to both Adults and Youth. Please feel free to invite a neighbor or co-worker to join us for the 45-60 minute sessions. For additional information contact Rev. Terri McLellan
- Worship Service: Sunday, 11:00 AM
- Church School: ages 5- 18 - during Worship
Children 12 and under are meeting in the Sunday School room directly across from the sanctuary. Our 'tweens and teens are meeting in the library.
- Coffee Hour- immediately following Worship,
in lower Fellowship Hall
- Weekly Bible Study:
Wednesdays, @ 7:30 PM,
online via WebEx
Audio Connection- 1-415-655-0001 US TOLL Access code: 192 192 592
Series: Because of Bethlehem
- Prayer Call: Friday @ 6:30 PM EDT
via free conference call: Dial 712.775.7000, access code: 933588#
See Rev. Lois Artis for details.
- New Members Class:
(TBD by Membership chair)
Location- Sunday School Room 1
What's NewPlease be advised that the content that appears below is through access to syndicated media feeds. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Shepherd Park Christian Church. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Advent Hope: Sandhya Rani Jha on being human December 11, 2017Submitted by Chalice Press In this Advent season, looking for hope in the darkness can seem a daunting task. Hearing from those whose work involves building and sustaining hope for others can offer light to the weary. Sandhya Rani Jha, a Disciples pastor and veteran community activist knows a thing or two about hope. “I’m […]
- Can Someone Who Doesn’t Believe In The Trinity Claim To Be Born Again? December 15, 2017By Victor Ochieng Not all those who claim to be Christians have the same understanding... The post Can Someone Who Doesn’t Believe In The Trinity Claim To Be Born Again? appeared first on Christian Blog.
- Florida Coach Who Ran Off With 17-Year-Old Girl to New York Charged With Child Sex Crimes December 17, 2017A high school soccer coach who was arrested after he ran away with a 17-year-old.. The post Florida Coach Who Ran Off With 17-Year-Old Girl to New York Charged With Child Sex Crimes appeared first on Urban Christian News.
- Hanukkah Day Six — Be the Light December 17, 2017We light our candles by adding another candle each night. However, we need to follow Hillel's advice all year long as well. As God commanded, we need to be light and add light to the world.
- Prophecy: This Is a Season of Scattering Seed December 16, 2017I heard the Lord say, "There is a kingdom that scatters and yet increases."God's People as SeedsI saw God's people inside churches as seeds. I then saw God's hand reach down and pick up many of these seeds and begin to scatter them far and near into other fields of ministry and harvest. I sensed […]