- This event has passed.
Christmas Offering Is Vital to the Mission & Ministry of the CCCA
December 15, 2019 @ 11:00 am - December 22, 2019 @ 1:00 pm
Please Give Generously
Received in many congregations on Dec. 15 and 22, 2019
Our finest gifts support the work of regional ministries this Christmas. Your regional ministry works to:
- Connect congregations to each other to share ideas, expertise, wisdom, support, and prayers;
- Foster faith development through clergy spiritual retreats, classes for growth and renewal for laity planned by our Commission for Congregational Life and our Ministers’ Association, Regional worship services, and the preaching and presence of the Regional Minister, Rev. Allen V. Harris, in our congregations and institutions;
- Gather Disciples in camps, conferences, and assemblies at Camp Mary Mac, the Christian Church Conference Center at Bethany Beach led by our Commission for Camps and Conferences and our Outdoor Ministries Committee, and the upcoming 2020 Regional Assembly October 2-3 at First Christian Church, Falls Church, Virginia;
- Nurture the development of a new generation of pastors through the support and oversight of seminarians and clergy seeking recognition of standing by the Commission for Ministry and by celebrating their commissioning and ordination in services of worship;
- Assist churches in calling new ministers by helping to train Search Committees, prepare and distribute congregational profiles, scan Ministerial Profiles and provide congregations with strong and qualified candidates, and celebrating their installation when they are called;
- Interpret the global mission of the Church through the weekly Capital Area Prayer Calendar, the hosting of visiting Global Ministry Co-Workers, and educating clergy and lay leaders as to the importance of being connected with the global church;
- Represent the Church in ecumenical & interfaith gatherings such as with the Ecumenical Leaders Group of the Central Maryland Ecumenical Council;
- Counsel and pray with those who are troubled of spirit through the visits, care, counseling, prayer, and discernment of the Regional Minister with active and retired clergy as well as lay leaders and church boards, and through the oversight of clergy when they are engaged in misconduct;
- Lead the Church to address racism through providing Pro-Reconciliation/ Anti-Racism trainings for clergy and lay leaders, through the preaching and teaching of the Regional Minister, and through inviting new leaders to teach and train at events like the biennial Salt & Light Leadership Training Day;
- Inspire leaders to experiment and create through providing grants and spaces for innovative ministry and through the encouragement of the New Visioning Team to bring dynamic leaders on all boards and committees and to support youth and young adult leadership development;
- Witness to the power of God to make things new by being open to the possibilities of God’s powerful and ever-present Holy Spirit in the life of individuals, congregations, institutions, and communities to transform, give birth, and reimagine ministry for a new day!
The Christmas Special Day offering supports ALL of these and many other ministries of our regions.
Please give generously to this year’s Christmas Offering.
For more resources and a link to give directly, please go online to: https://