Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about SPCC
New to SPCC?
What to Expect at SPCC
- “How should I dress?” Come as you are. You may come dressed or casual, but be comfortable and ready for worship.
- “Where do I park?” You can park in the church parking lot located in the rear, on the street, or in the public parking garage across the street which is free on Sundays.
- “What do I do with my kids?” Your children can worship with you. During the Children’s Moment, kids are invited to come down to the front for a spiritual message just for them. The children may then be dismissed for Children’s Church during the Worship Service if announced.
- “How long is the service going to be?” A typical Sunday worship service begins at 11am and lasts about 1½- 2 hours.
- “Is worship contemporary or traditional?” Our services are generally traditional. The message is inspiring, the music is uplifting, and communion is served every Sunday.
- “How would you describe the church as if it were a person?” SPCC is a mature and intense congregation, with an intentional history of tolerance and diversity which is representative of the community of Shepherd Park.
- Upon your visit, we’d love the opportunity to meet you. We invite you to fill out a “Visitor Card” sometime before you leave so that we can learn more about you and connect with you. After service, we invite you to join us for Coffee Hour in the Fellowship Hall, located downstairs. This is the place to find out the best next steps to getting connected at Shepherd Park Christian Church.