Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about SPCC
What to Expect at SPCC
At Shepherd Park Christian Church (SPCC), you’ll be welcomed into a friendly, casual environment by people who are excited to see you. We want you to have an idea of what to expect when you arrive and find out more for yourself!
Please be aware that we share our property and facilities with another separate congregation, Dsk Mariam Church, an Eastern Orthodox Church. Their congregation will be exiting before our services begin.
- “How should I dress?” Come as you are. You may come dressed or casual, but be comfortable and ready for worship.
- “Where do I park?” You may park in the church
parking lot located in the rear, on the street, or in the public parking garage across the street which is free on Sundays. If you park in the rear lot, you may enter at the nearest door which leads to the lower level. Head upstairs to the sanctuary for worship, or straight ahead to the fellowship hall for most of our meetings. Otherwise, please enter at the large wooden double-doors to the church lobby on the main level.
- “What do I do with my kids?” Your children can worship with you. On first and third Sundays your kids are welcome to attend Children’s Church during the Worship Service if announced to be dismissed.
- “How long is the service going to be?” A typical Sunday worship service begins at 11am and lasts about 1½- 2 hours.
- “Is worship contemporary or traditional?” Our services are generally traditional, leaning towards the contemporary. We have a little something for everyone!
- The Bible-based messages are inspiring, thought-provoking and engaging.
- Uplifting music which consists of a mixture of traditional hymns and contemporary worship songs.
- Holy Communion is served every Sunday.
- “How would you describe the church as if it were a person?” SPCC is a mature and intense congregation, with an intentional history of tolerance and diversity which is representative of the community of Shepherd Park.
- Upon your visit, we’d love the opportunity to meet you. We invite you to fill out a “Visitor Card” sometime before you leave so that we can learn more about you and connect with you. After service, we invite you to join us for Coffee Hour in the Fellowship Hall, located downstairs. This is the place to find out the best next steps to getting connected at Shepherd Park Christian Church.