2018 Regional Assembly Registration IS NOW ONLINE!
Packets Are in Your Church’s Office!
2018 Regional Assembly, October 12-13 at Largo Community Church, Mitchellville, MD.
Now is the time to start publicizing and registering for our 2018 Christian Church (Disciples Of Christ) Capital Area Regional Assembly October 12-13 at Largo Community Church in Mitchellville, Maryland. Our theme, “Together on Earth as It Is in Heaven” calls us to not just imagine, but live the Beloved Community that Jesus sets forth in his prayer from Matthew 6:10.
We are delighted to announce that we now have online registration and payment (as well as the regular paper/ mail registrations). To register online and for all Regional Assembly Information, go to: http://www.cccadisciples.org/regional-assembly-2018
** Free Gift For The First 50 Full Assembly Participants Registration**
The Assembly begins with an All Assembly Dinner Friday night, October 12th and continues through the day on Saturday, October 13th until late afternoon. Our entire Assembly will be wrapped around the statement that resulted from the Mission First! gatherings held at events all around the church like our Regional Assembly in 2016. That statement reads:
- The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is called to participate in God’s mission and move people and communities toward wholeness.
- We work together across generations to achieve the following goals:
- Equip leaders grounded in Scripture, centered on Christ, and immersed in the Spirit;
- Create communities of inclusion and care
- Attend to the needs of the vulnerable; and
- Overcome structural and systemic injustice.
Our keynote speaker for Friday night’s dinner will be the Rev. Sandhya Jha, pastor, author, founder and director of the Oakland Peace Center, and pro-reconciliation/anti-racism trainer with Reconciliation Ministry. We are equally thrilled to announce that the preacher for Saturday’s worship will be the Rev. Yvonne Gilmore, pastor, poet and a spoken word artist, and Associate Dean of the Disciples Divinity House at the University of Chicago. Rev. Gilmore is also a trainer with Reconciliation Ministry.
Our Saturday Learning Center leaders are:
- Ken Brooker Langston, Disciples Center for Public Witness
- Beverly Goines, National City Christian Church
- Sandhya Jha, Oakland Peace Center
- Terrell McTyer, Hope Partnership
- Darren Phelps, Bethel Christian Church DC
- Hector Hernandez, National Benevolent Association (corrected, our apologies)
- Sharon Stanley Rea, Disciples Refugee & Immigration Ministry
- Shauna St. Clair-Fleming, Ph.D. Candidate, Emory University
Child care will be available and a special program for youth, including an overnight lock-in, are being planned!
All information, including online registration, can be found at the Region’s website: http://www.cccadisciples.org/