2019 Summer Programs and College Scholarship Information
FREE Summer Enrichment Program, Scholarships
- Howard University High School Summer Enrichment Program — A FREE program for High School students to study at the Howard Business School in entrepreneurship, computer science, etc.
- The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Scholarships deadline is March 11.
- The National Council of Negro Women Scholarship deadline is March 16 postmark.
- The National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women Scholarship deadline is April 1.
- DOD/ NSA Stem Scholarships — Apply 9 – 12 months in advance
Phillips University Legacy Foundation Announces Applications Open for Scholarship & Leadership Program
The Phillips University Legacy Foundation (PULF) is pleased to announce it is accepting new applications for its Undergraduate Scholarship and Leadership Development Program for the 2019-2020 academic year. The Legacy Foundation’s Undergraduate Scholarship and Leadership Development Program makes annual awards of up to $6,500 per year to full-time undergraduate students pursuing a liberal arts education at any of the 17 colleges or universities currently or historically related with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Recipients are chosen based on their academic achievements, their present and potential leadership in the church, their chosen vocation, and their community. The program is available to incoming freshmen as well as college sophomores, juniors and seniors.
The application can be submitted online through the Foundation’s website at www.pulf.org. Completed application forms are due March 15 and award notifications will be sent out no later than April 20th.
The Phillips University Legacy Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization established through the generous support of the Phillips University Alumni and Friends and the Phillips University Board of Trustees. Our heritage of excellence is perpetuated through scholarship, leadership development conferences, and the preservation of our beloved university’s artifacts. The Phillips University Legacy Foundation provides the opportunity to celebrate the gift of education for generations to come.
Are there any other ways that you know of that could help your students be aware of our Scholarship and Leadership Development program? Please let me know if you have any ideas for me or any questions about the program.
Phillips University Legacy Foundation
Enid, Oklahoma 73701
Focused on My Future Scholarship
The Washington Section of the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) Inc. “Focused on my Future” scholarship was created to support minority high school seniors seeking higher education opportunities. This scholarship aligns with the NCNW’s national focus on critical concerns known as “Four for the Future”. This includes the promotion of education with a special focus on science, technology, engineering and math; encourages entrepreneurship, financial literacy and economic stability; educates women about good health and HIV/AIDS; promotes civic engagement and advocates for sound public policy consistent with traditional values.
Two (2), one-time, scholarships of $2,000 each will be given to graduating high-school seniors who meet the Scholarship Criteria listed below.
1. Graduating minority high school senior from a school in the District of Columbia; Maryland: Prince Georges County, Montgomery Country; Virginia: Arlington County, Alexandria County, Fairfax County
2. Resident of the District of Columbia; Maryland: Prince Georges County, Montgomery Country; Virginia: Arlington County, Alexandria County, Fairfax County
3. Accepted for enrollment into a two or four-year College or University on a full-time or part-time basis.
4. Seeking any degree program such as STEM, Education, Entrepreneurship, Arts, Health, or Public Policy
5. Cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
6. Submit a completed application package postmarked no later than March 16, 2019.
**Incomplete applications will not be reviewed and are disqualified**
Please mail the complete application packet to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 91932
900 Brentwood Road, NE
Washington, DC 20066
The completed application package must be typed and include all of the following items:
1. Scholarship application form. (page 3)
2. A written one-page biographical statement about why you would like to be selected for the scholarship and any other information you believe the committee should consider. (250-300 words)
3. Answer Scholarship Application question. (page 4)
4. Submit One (1) letters of recommendation. Letters may be written by a counselor, school administrator, pastor, community service supervisor, mentor, employer or teacher and placed in a sealed envelope with their signature across the sealed envelope
5. Official Sealed Transcript
6. All application materials should be in one envelope in order to be considered a completed application package.
**Failure to address all the above information disqualifies the applicant**
PLEASE SAVE THE DATE
Scholarship recipients are expected to attend the Washington Section, NCNW Jazz Luncheon on Saturday April 20, 2019.
Download instructions and application here.
For a third year in a row, CM CARES Foundation is offering 50 scholarships of $5,000 each to religious scholars!
The CM CARES Religious Scholars program supports full and part-time graduate and doctoral students who are committed to ministry as a career. Scholars of all faiths are encouraged to apply.
◾50 scholarship winners will each receive $5,000 to help pay for tuition, fees, books or other costs of attending school full-time during the 2019-20 academic year.
◾The application period runs February 15 through April 15, 2019, so students should apply as soon as possible. Winners will be announced in June.
◾A program flier is available to download, and complete details and materials are available online at churchmutual.com/cmcares-scholars.
Scholarship applications must be submitted by April 15, 2019
The CM CARES Religious Scholars program can make a real difference in the lives of deserving students, ensuring that your faith continues to flourish for future generations.
Richard V. Poirier
President and CEO
Church Mutual Insurance Company
P.S. Please visit churchmutual.com/cmcares-scholars for complete details!