…to the Christian Experience/ Life
First of all, GOD LOVES YOU! Believe it! The Bible explains that we humans have an emptiness, an inner void, a longing to love and be loved. Jesus of Nazareth said he came to fill that void, to offer hope and genuine purpose (see John 10:10). He died a physical and spiritual death to pay the penalty we humans owed for our flaws and imperfections, so that we wouldn’t have to (see 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10). Then he returned to life to offer us people the opportunity to plug into God both now and forever.
If you had a traffic fine you could not pay, I could offer to pay it for you, as a gift to you. Just as you would need to accept my gift to pay your fine, so we humans need to accept Jesus’ free gift of forgiveness to enjoy a friendship with him. Choose today to accept him.
Frequently Asked Questions
- “What is salvation?” “Why do I need to be rescued (or saved)”, “How can I be sure that I’m going to heaven?”, “I’m saved, but now what?”, and other questions.
- “What is baptism”, “Why do I need to/ should I be baptized?”
- “What is the Lord’s Table or Holy Communion?”, “Can I participate?”
…to Shepherd Park Christian Church (SPCC)
Greetings to all new members, friends, guests, and visitors to our website. Feel free to be free in Christ! We sincerely would like for you to feel welcome and comfortable as you start discovering us on our website, long before you set foot in our building. We just want to let you know that we care about you.
Let Us Introduce Ourselves
- Who We Are
- When Do We Meet?
- How to Reach Us
Here’s What to Expect
- Frequently Asked Questions, like, “When should I arrive? Where should I park? How should I dress? How long will church last? What should I do with my kids?”
- Information about our Children’s and Youth Ministry —Parents, know that your kids will be safe and cared for well at church. And also know they will be receiving sound instruction while at our church.
- Sermon Archives
- Church Calendar
- About Our Shepherd Park Community
- Be our guest. Visit us this Sunday! If you would like someone from SPCC to contact you about your future visit, please contact us.
- “Try before you buy!” Attend a New Members class to learn more. Contact the chairperson of Membership to schedule.
- Submit a Prayer Request.
- Like us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Yelp!
It’s not always possible to preemptively address every question a visitor may have. And we recognize that some people would rather talk to a real person than read text on a website. Our phone number and address is listed below so that anyone can easily reach us.